Skip to main content

Becky's Create a Card #3

Becky Oehlers, you're killing me. How do you make it look so effortless to combine these colors? I thought I'd give your challenge a try this time, and I thought I had it all figured out at 7:30 this morning. Here it is 3:00 pm, and I'm finally finished. You have stretched me to my limits, but I'm happy to say, I enjoyed the process. Thank you for the challenge after all.
This challenge specified a 5x7 card with a Spring Rain mat of 3x4.5, a scallop border, white embossed flower on Raspberry Fizz, and a flourish on Terra Cotta Tile. Oh, and throw in some rhinestones, too. Well, I don't have Terra Cotta Tile, so I used the emboss resist technique and sponged SU Real Rust and Ruby Red over the flourishes. I like the mottled background it gives, so I softened the Spring Rain and scalloped border with some white ink. Several hundred flowers later, and I finally decided on a few from Petal Power with flat rhinestone stickers in the centers. I cut out the flourish and attached it on the blue, but now it occurs to me that I could have embossed it there as well. Whoops.
Paper: PTI White, Spring Rain, Raspberry Fizz
Ink: Versamark, SU Real Rust, Ruby Red, PTI Fresh Snow
Stamps: PTI Turning a New Leaf, Background Basics-Petal Power, SU Best Blossoms
Other: SU Scallop punch, Clear embossing powder, Flat rhinestone stickers
Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. I think it's perfect just the way it is! Great job with these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heehee, I was thinking the same thing when I saw this week's challenge but I think your did a great job with the emboss resist technique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW. This is fun Cheryl, and I would never have guessed that you were struggling with it. Your final product is perfectly executed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out great! I cannot believe you CUT out that flourish........kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job without the terracotta tile. You are super close to it with the layering. Really cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty Cheryl! I like the flowers you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheryl this is so pretty! Your background is gorgeous and I'm lovin' the little Raspberry Fizz flowers. Nice job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved this! Commenting like crazy!!! LOVE YOU GIRL!!! I am sorry I killed you!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Erin Lee Creative January Release

 Hi friends! Today we are hopping to show off the newest release from Erin Lee Creative .  Once again there is a host of unique stamps, dies and stencils, as well as some amazing rainbow holographic cardstock. *PRIZES* Be sure to comment on the blog entries in the hop so you can enter to win a $50 voucher to use in the ELC shop .  There will be two winners chosen at random from the comments. On to the projects: For my first card, I wanted to showcase this big and bold sentiment from the new Stay Golden  stamp set.   One of my favorite techniques is coloring with Copic markers over the top of white heat embossing.  It is a great way to make colors pop on dark cardstock.    Doesn't this stamp just beg for vibrant colors? So fun. The next card uses the new Nesting Stars die set, a sentiment from the Stripe Sentiments stamp set (previously released), and some ink blending with the Retro Swirl stencil  (also previously released).  I love how so many products can be used together.   And

February Blog Hop

For this month's Hop, we are to pay homage to a member of PTI's Design Team. They are all so very talented! I chose a recent project by the amazing Debbie Olson . I loved her simple design with white embossed violets on Raspberry Fizz, with a few little details sprinkled in--sparkly centers, a scored edge and rounded corners. Just beautiful! I actually copied this card exactly, because it was so easy, but then I decided to change it up a bit. Here is my version in Enchanted Evening, with the smaller flowers. I didn't have the right color buttons, so I made a little fancy ribbon edge. The sparkles are flat rhinestone stickers. Best $1.99 I've spent in a while! Thanks for the inspiration, Debbie! Paper: PTI White, Enchanted Evening Ink: PTI Enchanted Evening, Versamark Stamps: PTI Year of Flowers: Violets Other: Filigree White Embossing Powder, PTI EE twill ribbon, flat rhinestone stickers, corner rounder

May WMS Blog Waltz

This month's WMS Blog Waltz challenge is to make a birthday card. I have no trouble making cards for girls, but sometimes boy cards elude me. I absolutely LOVE this paper airplane from Free Spirit-Boy , and I think it's perfect for a simple, masculine birthday card. (Inside the card it says, "happy birthday".) Enjoy! Paper: PTI Kraft, White Ink: Versafine Onyx Stamps: WMS Free Spirit-Boy, Free Spirit Sentiments, PTI Little Lady (dotted trail)