Skip to main content

Some fall-ish cards and a snowflake card


I was going for masculine here...I actually was inspired by this card by Becky Oehlers. She did a little rock and roll with the acorn and paper-pieced the top. I put my own twist on it and created this layout. To rock and roll, pick two colors of ink. Stamp your image in the lighter color first, then rock the edges of the stamp in the darker color in a rolling motion to get a two-toned look. It's great for creating depth. For the fall leaf, I did it a little differently--I stamped in one color then pounced the stamp in the second color for a more mottled look.

I made these cards as a set for our very favorite realtor, Jim. We moved this year into my dream home (which I had been stalking for years). Jim was amazing in helping us negotiate a very long and difficult process to get our home. He then turned around and sold our previous home in five (yes, 5) days! He often sends follow-up and thank-you cards to his clients, so I thought I'd add to his stash.
I created the square and card outline with my Scor-Pal and did a little more pouncing on the leaf.


Just another card with First Fruits and rock and roll.


This last card is one of a set of 1/4-sheet cards I made for a friend. The writing will go right there on the front--there is no fold. It has the same dimensions as a regular A2 card. I tried to capture a little of the shine from the stardust (clear) pen that I added to the snowflakes and the dots above "thank you". Looks better in real life, I promise.

Card #1:
Paper: PTI white, SU Always Artichoke
Ink: SU Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Always Artichoke, Michael's brick red
Stamps: PTI First Fruits, Out On a Limb Sentiments
Other: PTI Dark Chocolate twill

Card #2:
Paper: PTI white
Ink: Michael's brick red, SU So Saffron
Stamps: PTI First Fruits, Out On a Limb Sentiments
Other: Scor-Pal

Card #3
Paper: PTI white, SU Creamy Caramel, Brocade Blue
Ink: SU Creamy Caramel, So Saffron
Stamps: PTI First Fruits

Card #4
Paper: PTI white, SU Soft Sky
Ink: SU Soft Sky
Stamps: PTI Snowflake Serenade, Women of Life
Other: Sakura Stardust pen--clear

Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. this is great. I love the soft, clean lines

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Erin Lee Creative January Release

 Hi friends! Today we are hopping to show off the newest release from Erin Lee Creative .  Once again there is a host of unique stamps, dies and stencils, as well as some amazing rainbow holographic cardstock. *PRIZES* Be sure to comment on the blog entries in the hop so you can enter to win a $50 voucher to use in the ELC shop .  There will be two winners chosen at random from the comments. On to the projects: For my first card, I wanted to showcase this big and bold sentiment from the new Stay Golden  stamp set.   One of my favorite techniques is coloring with Copic markers over the top of white heat embossing.  It is a great way to make colors pop on dark cardstock.    Doesn't this stamp just beg for vibrant colors? So fun. The next card uses the new Nesting Stars die set, a sentiment from the Stripe Sentiments stamp set (previously released), and some ink blending with the Retro Swirl stencil  (also previously released).  I love how so many products can be used together.   And

February Blog Hop

For this month's Hop, we are to pay homage to a member of PTI's Design Team. They are all so very talented! I chose a recent project by the amazing Debbie Olson . I loved her simple design with white embossed violets on Raspberry Fizz, with a few little details sprinkled in--sparkly centers, a scored edge and rounded corners. Just beautiful! I actually copied this card exactly, because it was so easy, but then I decided to change it up a bit. Here is my version in Enchanted Evening, with the smaller flowers. I didn't have the right color buttons, so I made a little fancy ribbon edge. The sparkles are flat rhinestone stickers. Best $1.99 I've spent in a while! Thanks for the inspiration, Debbie! Paper: PTI White, Enchanted Evening Ink: PTI Enchanted Evening, Versamark Stamps: PTI Year of Flowers: Violets Other: Filigree White Embossing Powder, PTI EE twill ribbon, flat rhinestone stickers, corner rounder

May WMS Blog Waltz

This month's WMS Blog Waltz challenge is to make a birthday card. I have no trouble making cards for girls, but sometimes boy cards elude me. I absolutely LOVE this paper airplane from Free Spirit-Boy , and I think it's perfect for a simple, masculine birthday card. (Inside the card it says, "happy birthday".) Enjoy! Paper: PTI Kraft, White Ink: Versafine Onyx Stamps: WMS Free Spirit-Boy, Free Spirit Sentiments, PTI Little Lady (dotted trail)