Skip to main content

More Guide Lines

I thought I'd post a few more cards I made a while ago, using Guide Lines--a great background-building set. Depending on the combination or orientation of the little stamps, the results can be dramatically different from card to card. I usually don't like the lines to show, so I stamp the grid with Versamark. It shows up just enough for me to line things up, but almost disappears when it's done. I love this scrolly image...

For this first card, I stamped with white pigment ink onto brick red cardstock (from Michael's--it's too thin, but it's the perfect color. I've been searching high and low for a good brick red).

Here is the reverse...Michael's had a generic brick red inkpad to match the cardstock. It's not the best quality, but it's a great color. I also stamped and heat embossed the sentiment onto the ribbon (Mike's again).


Same thing in PTI's Berry Sorbet. The satin ribbon was a little trickier to emboss, but it turned out fine. I also used my trusty Stardust pen for the dots, to add a little bling. (click to enlarge) Here's a closeup of the ribbon:


Card #1
Paper: PTI White, Michael's brick red
Ink: SU White pigment, Versamark
Stamps: PTI Guide Lines, Flower Garden Sentiments, B&C Monogram Edition
Other: Offray organdy ribbon, eyelet, SU silver cord

Card #2
Paper: PTI White, Michael's brick red
Ink: Michael's brick red, Versamark
Stamps: PTI Guide Lines, Simple Little Things
Other: white embossing powder, Offray ribbon

Card #3
Paper: PTI White, Berry Sorbet
Ink: PTI Berry Sorbet, Versamark
Stamps: PTI Guide Lines, Versamark
Other: PTI Berry Sorbet satin ribbon, white embossing powder, Sakura Stardust pen-red
Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. This is a beautiful shade of red! And I must have the red pen you did the dots with! They are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the guidelines set and while I've seen it and done it tone on tone for a subtle look, I didn't think to use VersaMark and not have the lines show at all! LOVE it!! I also forget to stamp on ribbon other than twill....its great to see the satin stamped too. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are wonderful. I have the guidelines set and now have some inspiration. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Erin Lee Creative January Release

 Hi friends! Today we are hopping to show off the newest release from Erin Lee Creative .  Once again there is a host of unique stamps, dies and stencils, as well as some amazing rainbow holographic cardstock. *PRIZES* Be sure to comment on the blog entries in the hop so you can enter to win a $50 voucher to use in the ELC shop .  There will be two winners chosen at random from the comments. On to the projects: For my first card, I wanted to showcase this big and bold sentiment from the new Stay Golden  stamp set.   One of my favorite techniques is coloring with Copic markers over the top of white heat embossing.  It is a great way to make colors pop on dark cardstock.    Doesn't this stamp just beg for vibrant colors? So fun. The next card uses the new Nesting Stars die set, a sentiment from the Stripe Sentiments stamp set (previously released), and some ink blending with the Retro Swirl stencil  (also previously released).  I love how so many products can be used together.   And

February Blog Hop

For this month's Hop, we are to pay homage to a member of PTI's Design Team. They are all so very talented! I chose a recent project by the amazing Debbie Olson . I loved her simple design with white embossed violets on Raspberry Fizz, with a few little details sprinkled in--sparkly centers, a scored edge and rounded corners. Just beautiful! I actually copied this card exactly, because it was so easy, but then I decided to change it up a bit. Here is my version in Enchanted Evening, with the smaller flowers. I didn't have the right color buttons, so I made a little fancy ribbon edge. The sparkles are flat rhinestone stickers. Best $1.99 I've spent in a while! Thanks for the inspiration, Debbie! Paper: PTI White, Enchanted Evening Ink: PTI Enchanted Evening, Versamark Stamps: PTI Year of Flowers: Violets Other: Filigree White Embossing Powder, PTI EE twill ribbon, flat rhinestone stickers, corner rounder

May WMS Blog Waltz

This month's WMS Blog Waltz challenge is to make a birthday card. I have no trouble making cards for girls, but sometimes boy cards elude me. I absolutely LOVE this paper airplane from Free Spirit-Boy , and I think it's perfect for a simple, masculine birthday card. (Inside the card it says, "happy birthday".) Enjoy! Paper: PTI Kraft, White Ink: Versafine Onyx Stamps: WMS Free Spirit-Boy, Free Spirit Sentiments, PTI Little Lady (dotted trail)